ARE THEY REQUIRED BY LAW?
In most cases YES
The employer has a responsibility for the provision of appropriate firefighting equipment. It is also the employers responsibility to check that all firefighting equipment is in the correct position and in satisfactory order before the premises are used.
Fire extinguishers provided should be appropriate to the specific risks found in your premises.
DO THEY HAVE TO BE MAINTAINED/SERVICED?
All portable fire extinguishers will require periodic inspection, maintenance and testing.
Depending on local conditions such as the likelihood of vandalism or the environment where extinguishers are located, carry out brief checks to ensure that they remain serviceable. In normal conditions a monthly check should be enough.
Maintenance/Servicing by a competent person should be carried out annually.
Fire blankets should be located in the vicinity of the fire hazard they are to be used on, but in a position that can be safely accessed in the event of a fire. They are classified as either light duty or heavy duty. Light-duty fire blankets are suitable for dealing with small fires in containers of cooking oils or fats and fires involving clothing. Heavy-duty fire blankets are for industrial use where there is a need for the blankets to resist penetration by molten materials.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- We supply and service fire safety equipment throughout the UK
- We offer a comprehensive range of fire safety services for all your business needs.
- All our services conform to the relevant British Standards.
- We pride ourselves on providing good reliable customer service and the highest quality products.
- Whatever your fire extinguisher needs, we are here to help you meet them.
Our engineers are accredited/approved/members of IFEDA, CHAS and Constructionline
Need to know more?
Call Head Office 01536 601491